Being part of a CSA has really opened my eyes to eating seasonally. There are a ton of reasons to eat fresh fruits and vegetables while they are in season. Actually, I will probably do a whole post on this subject soon! Stay tuned for that!
I think the best reason to eat produce that is in season is because it tastes AMAZING. We got peaches last week and this week from our CSA and they were the sweetest, most deliciously tasty peaches ever.
However, I do get a little sick of eating anything the same way for several days. So, even though the brutally hot summer is upon us I don’t mind turning on the oven for a little transformation Tuesday, even though it’s only Monday. Speaking of Monday’s, another reason you deserve this sweet & healthy treat. Besides it’s really simple to make and doesn’t take long at all.
- 4 ripe (in season) peaches
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees f
- cut the peaches into slices, should be able to get 4 or 5 from each peach
- arrange them on a lightly oiled small pie plate or pyrex
- pour the maple syrup over them
- in a separate bowl combine the coconut flour, baking soda, sugar, salt and cinnamon
- pour in the coconut oil and stir until all is combined
- trying to cover all of the fruit, spoon the flour mixture over the peaches and use your fingers to press it down over them
- place in oven
- bake for about 35 minutes
- remove when the peaches are bubbling and the crust is lightly browned
- let the cobbler cool to warm and enjoy with some ice cream (dairy free if that's what you're into!)
I also wanted to remind you all that I came of age in the 90’s. That being said I will leave you with the music video below.